Court Appeals

District or Supreme Court Appeals

After being convicted or sentenced in either the District or Supreme Courts, you can appeal the outcome; this is an ‘indictable appeal’.

Indictable appeals will be heard by the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal, also known as the NSWCCA. However, you need to be aware that there is no right of appeal like the NSW local court. To appeal directly to the NSWCCA, you must first obtain leave from the court. The appeal must be lodged within 21 days of receiving the conviction/sentence. 

Crawford & Duncan Lawyers can provide immediate assistance with court appeals - the faster you act, the better. You need to submit an appeal within the window of time allowable by court/magistrate. Call us today.